High above the Goisern valley
Far from the hustle and bustle of everyday life is the Goisererhütte, located above Bad Goisern. Here you will find tranquillity to dream, reflect and cuddle - time for partners, children or good friends, in the midst of the unspoilt nature of the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut, with the wide Goisern valley at your feet. Located nearby is the Kalmooskirche, an interesting cave, where formerly the persecuted Protestants secretly worshipped.
The hut, which was built in 1933 was refurbished after eighty years in spring 2013 and now offers even more space for nature lovers and winter sports enthusiasts. On the menu are local produce and regional delicacies.
One night in the hut!
Atmospheric night in an Alpine hut high above the Goisern valley. For those wishing to experience the glorious colours of the setting sun with a colourful mix of deep reds and rich orange, we recommend a "night in the Goiserhütte": Round off the day in the evening with a glass of beer or wine on the cosy terrace. What better way to end an eventful hiking day around Lake Hallstatt.
Tips: Hiking in autumn
Autumn is here! Hooray! The most beautiful hiking season of the year! However, there are a few things you should keep in mind when hiking, especially at this time of year.
- Plan tours properly.
- Start early. Especially for high alpine hikes.
- Attention: It gets dark early!
- If you are staying overnight in a hut, register in good time by telephone.
- Do not miss the last cable car ride down the mountain when on mountain tours.
- Information on the current operating times of the cable cars in connection with a hike can be found below under "Information at a Glance".
- Check snow conditions. Because at this time of the year the first snow can already fall in the high mountains.
- We have summarised further important safety tips below.
- We wish you an unforgettable hiking autumn in the Salzkammergut.
Your editorial team
Safety Tips for Hikers
Admittedly, the landscape of the UNESCO World Heritage region of Hallstatt Dachstein Salzkammergut is the absolute pinnacle for hiking fans, mountain enthusiasts and nature lovers—unforgettable tours to incredibly beautiful mountain lodges and meadows, panorama views as far as the eye can see and cherished moments that will last a lifetime! However, you should remember that while hiking you might find yourself in high-alpine terrain. We’ve put together some resources to assist you: how to best prepare for your tour, recommended items for your backpack and steps to take in an emergency situation. Remember to always play it safe and enjoy your hiking adventure in the Salzkammergut!